ACS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for a Welder / Fitter to perform automatic gas welding (M.I.G.) in all positions fitting and repairing a wide variety of parts, product and equipment.
Welder / Fitter essential functions are as follows:
- Setup and operates welder as required.
- Performs work requiring knowledge of welding properties of steel, weld heat requirements, stress relief, allowances for fit up and machines, shrinkage, warpage, and expansion.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, and bills of material for standard and customer parts and product.
- Lays out, fits, sets up, and positions parts for sub-assemblies and assemblies as required.
- Uses scale, square, protractors, plumb line, and templates to set up, fit and check work.
- Utilizes welding jigs and fixtures as required.
- Performs maintenance welding.
- Operates fork truck as required.
- Receives written and verbal instruction from supervisor or leadman.
- Notifies supervisor or leadman of any unusual conditions of material, parts, or equipment.
- Meets acceptable time/work standards.
- Keeps immediate work area clean and orderly.
- Works in accordance with established safety policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Position typically expects three (3) to five (5) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of the position
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16th of an inch
- Willing and able to work overtime as required
- Possess problem solving capabilities
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to work well with others
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, vacation/personal time, paid holidays, service bonus and a competitive salary based on experience.
Lynchburg, VA is an up and coming city that offers plenty of outdoors activities, from sports leagues to hiking, hunting/fishing and camping. Its location is perfect for easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA and NYC. A great place to raise a family, Lynchburg offers great dining, the arts, professional organizations and places of historical significance. Please visit http://www.discoverlynchburg.org/ for more information.