ACS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for an Electrical / PLC Programming Field Service Technician. This position is responsible for installation, testing and start-up of all electrical parts and components related to the conveyor and all its appurtenant programs and systems.
As an Electrical / PLC Programming Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for the field work support implementation of PLC-based control systems for conveyor and related equipment:
- Complying with employee safety policies, GMP, OSHA Safety and Health rules as well as on location customer safety policies and procedures
- Installs and maintains all electrical and electronic plant and production equipment. This equipment includes motors, electrical/electronic controls and systems, PLCs, AC/DC drives, computerized controls, and other related equipment
- Minimizes downtime by fast and accurate troubleshooting of PLC programs and electrical/electronic circuits and equipment
- Performs preventive/predictive maintenance on plant and production electrical and electronic equipment
- Performs general mechanical troubleshooting, maintenance and installations as needed
- Assists in the management of all plant CAD drawings which includes the building layout as well as machinery electrical parts
- Serve as an electrical/electronic controls consultant with the installation of new equipment and existing equipment
- Plans assigned work and is responsible for his/her safety and the safety of others in the area
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- A two year Associate Degree in electrical/electrical technology and 2 years applicable experience or 4 years electrical experience in a heavy industrial environment
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the principles of electricity and electronics
- Advance Allen Bradley, PLC and HMI programming skills
- Experience troubleshooting PLC programs and hardware
- May be required to work all shifts (on occasion)
- Required to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Must have experience with RS Logix (5, 500, and 5000) software and HMI control
- Must have a working knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical and electronic/mechanical drawings, prints, schematics, and computer programs
- Must be able to operate and interpret all types of electrical test equipment
- Must be able to trouble shoot and repair all types of electrical/electronic circuits and equipment
- Must have demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair electronic and computerized equipment including PLCs, AC/DC drives, motor control systems, and related equipment and systems
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and repair electronic and computerized equipment including PLC’s, AC/DC drives, motor control systems, and related equipment and systems.
- Desired qualifications to include welding, machining, pipe fitting, processing/packing machinery repair, conveying equipment and belting, sheet metal work, and the ability to work efficiently and cohesively in a fast paced, goal orientated environment.
- This position requires regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with Company policies. Additionally, the ability to interact well with other employees and work overtime, as necessary, is required.
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting and / or repetitive tasks throughout the day. Employee will be required to occasionally lift up to 75lbs
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. We will review your qualifications and contact you if we feel you are a match for this role. If you're not a match, we will build a profile on your behalf in hopes of contacting you in the near future with opportunities that more closely match your skill set, education and experience.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, vacation/personal time, paid holidays, service bonus and a competitive salary based on experience.
Lynchburg, VA is an up and coming city that offers plenty of outdoors activities, from sports leagues to hiking, hunting/fishing and camping. Its location is perfect for easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA and NYC. A great place to raise a family, Lynchburg offers great dining, the arts, professional organizations and places of historical significance. Please visit http://www.discoverlynchburg.org/ for more information.