Software Developers are responsible for the development of software projects as assigned by the IT Project Manager. This position will leverage a low-code application development platform (K2) and follow documented TRAX best practices to ensure that projects meet customer expectations. This position will participate with product owners and customers, so strong communication skills are needed. Software development projects will require concentration, and attention to detail as well as strong technical abilities. Although the TRAX International IT Department maintains a rotating on-call schedule, this position will not be part of the rotation schedule; however after-hours support and travel to customer sites may be required to complete projects and hit project milestones on time.
General Responsibilities (in addition to description above)
Firm understanding of the following development platform technologies:
* Microsoft Visual Studio
* K2 Five
* IBM Cognos
* Microsoft IIS
Required Skills and Qualifications
* Degree in computer science
* Four years or more experience in software development
* Excellent organization and communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Mature working style, can work independently, disciplined in approach to work
* Commitment to following TRAX information technology security program
* Requirements gathering and documentation development
* Ability to use Jira project management software
* Ability to use Confluence documentation software
* Ability to use Bitbucket code repositories
* Ability to work with technical employees and non-technical customers
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment in a team setting
* Ability to meet milestone consistently with quality results
* Ability to travel so customer sites
* Ability to receive and monitor push email and SMS messages and be reachable after hours via a TRAX smart phone or bring your own device (BYOD)
* Ability to maintain a professional and organized work environment
* Ability to stay engaged and focused on your projects and tasks
* Ability to dress in business casual attire
IT Security Practitioners (All IT personnel)
IT security practitioners (e.g. all IT team members) are responsible for proper implementation and adherence of the TRAX Cyber security program.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
TRAX is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports contributions of all individuals. TRAX is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, familial status, pregnancy, ancestry, national origin, handicap, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.