Director of Operations
Patrick Henry’s Red Hill (Brookneal, VA) is seeking a full-time Director of Operations who
will serve alongside the Chief Executive Officer and staff in four essential functions:
1) Operations – Vendor and contract management, buildings and grounds management, and
office equipment management to ensure the efficient functioning of the office at Red Hill.
2) Human Resources/Management – Staff scheduling and compensation, payroll, and
benefits, interviewing and hiring for part time positions, and managing most full-time staff
and contract workers will be part of the day-to-day duties of this position.
3) Finance – This position requires all the bookkeeping, budgeting, and providing information
for financial statements for Red Hill, as well as working with audit.
4) CEO Support – The Director of Operations works directly under the CEO. The CEO will
require additional tasks to be completed on an as-needed basis.
The successful candidate will have:
• strong, team-oriented approach
• ability to adapt to new environments and a willingness to learn
• proven track-record of leadership and trustworthiness
• strong verbal and written communication skills
• thorough attention to detail
• the ability to articulate enthusiasm for Red Hill’s mission and values
Work requirements will include:
• ability to work some weekends, holidays, and special events
• proficiency in Microsoft Office
• ability to lift 20 pounds
• ability to stand for extended periods of time
• university degree or equivalent experience
• proficiency in technology including QuickBooks
• coursework or equivalent experience in fields such as accounting, finance, business, human
• experience working or volunteering for a nonprofit
Salary & Benefits
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Competitive retirement plan matching
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• Professional development opportunities
How to Apply:
• To apply, email a resume with references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .