Lynchburg Regional Business Alliance
Assessing and Mitigating Risk as a Small Business
COVID-19 caught us off-guard! next time, be better prepared by understanding where your business or organization is most vulnerable. this two part workshop will be interactive with each business using tools to progress through a series of exercises. At the end of the workshop, an attendee will better understand the risks their business faces from natural hazards including pandemics and have a plan to prepare for and mitigate the associated impacts.
Facilitated by: Bill Bohn, Chief Operating Officer for Sobis, Inc. and Jennifer Woofter, President of strategic Sustainability Consulting
Day 1: September 17, 2020
Assessing Your Risks
The risk assessment workshop will include:
- Defining risk, vulnerability, resilience, and other terminology. identifying your business assets and dependencies.
- Review hazard impacts - both direct and indirect
- Considering climate change impacts
- Assessing the impacts to your business
Mitigating Your Risks
The risk assessment workshop will include
- Defining mitigation, adaptation,and other terminology
- Mitigating social impacts, types of mitigation
- Mitigating economic impacts, types of mitigation
- Identifying mitigation strategies and resources
- Monitoring and evaluating your mitigation strategies
Click here to register.